The Student Room Group

Can I use AI to create analysis for English literature?

In my recent mocks I've been consistently getting 7s and 8s, and I feel like no matter how much self- revision I do i can't get any higher than this

Ideally I'd like a grade 9, so i was thinking about using chatGPT to make top-level analysis for me which I'd remember and then copy in the exam (making adaptions where needed so it links to the question)

Remembering them shouldn't be too much of an issue but i was wondering if I'd be marked down/ potentially even disqualified for using copied work because I dont want to go to all the effort, just to find out right before the exam that I can't use the remembered pieces of analysis

Do aqa do checks when marking the gcse to see if its a copied source, any if so will I be penalised for it?
I don't think you get penalised for memorising passages for exams but I think it's better if you only memorise small ideas and weave them in through your work rather than entire essays. Also, oftentimes people get higher grades in their actual GCSEs than mocks. My sister got two 6s in her y11 mocks but ended up with a 8 and 9 for Lit and Lang respectively.
Reply 2
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
I don't think you get penalised for memorising passages for exams but I think it's better if you only memorise small ideas and weave them in through your work rather than entire essays. Also, oftentimes people get higher grades in their actual GCSEs than mocks. My sister got two 6s in her y11 mocks but ended up with a 8 and 9 for Lit and Lang respectively.

Yeah that's probably a better idea, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest