The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Why I chose to study

Everyone has different reasons as to why they decide to go to university. While higher education is not for everyone, there are lot's of things you can get out of the experience if it is something you do decide to pursue! :h:

Neither or my parents went to university so I had no idea what university was about until it was introduced to me in secondary school when I went on trips to different universities across the country. I loved touring the campuses and hearing the student ambassadors talking about their experiences and had decided that in the future I would be the first in my family to study at university!

I liked learning in school and was fascinated by the concept of studying a subject of your choice in a much greater depth and was intrigued by all the opportunities such as joining societies and living in student accommodation.

But more than that, I knew that I would have to go to university to pursue my dream career which requires not just a bachelors degree, but also a masters (so it seems I will be in university for quite some time..)

There are many reasons to want to study at a university - maybe it's for the career path you want to pursue, or for a higher paying job. Or maybe you want the "university experience" that is often talked about.

Feel free to share some reasons you want to study at university! :smile:

Sadie (BA Fashion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending