The Student Room Group

SAQ Cambridge Personal Statement help?

I'm applying for English and was wondering what other applicants are including in the additional personal statement?

I wanted to mention more information about why the course appealed to me - I'm Russian so I mentioned how the idea of being able to combine the study of foreign language alongside literature interested me. I did briefly mention my heritage and love of Russian Lit in my UCAS PS, so is it okay that I included extra info about that in the SAQ also? I also mentioned in my UCAS PS that I'm a performer but didn't have space to talk about much of my Drama studies and experience, so I wanted to delve further into that. Do those sound like good things to include? I know admission tutors say that they'd rather applicants leave the box empty than waffle, so I wanna make sure that what I plan to say is what they're looking for in a SAQ PS.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
I mean I just talked extra about the stuff I've done for literature and why I chose the course, I mean if you have said everything you have wanted to say in your ucas personal statement then that's fine, I don't think they look at the SAQ personal statements that seriously, not in comparison with your actual UCAS statement but it's up to you if you want to! Unless you link your drama studies to english then perhaps??
Original post by kaxxxxc2
I'm applying for English and was wondering what other applicants are including in the additional personal statement?

I wanted to mention more information about why the course appealed to me - I'm Russian so I mentioned how the idea of being able to combine the study of foreign language alongside literature interested me. I did briefly mention my heritage and love of Russian Lit in my UCAS PS, so is it okay that I included extra info about that in the SAQ also? I also mentioned in my UCAS PS that I'm a performer but didn't have space to talk about much of my Drama studies and experience, so I wanted to delve further into that. Do those sound like good things to include? I know admission tutors say that they'd rather applicants leave the box empty than waffle, so I wanna make sure that what I plan to say is what they're looking for in a SAQ PS.

Relate it to the course content, especially in Year 1. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending