The Student Room Group

Which GEM course would you suggest? Swansea, Warwick, ScotGEM

Hi all,

I have received offers from Swansea, Warwick, and St Andrew/Dundee Universities to study Graduate Entry Medicine.

I have done my own research, and I am aware of the structural difference and emphasis of each course.

I would like to hear some personal opinion, recommendations or insights on which one I should choose?
Thanks!
I have an offer from ScotGEM and Swansea. Leaning towards ScotGEM. It’s too much of a unique experience to pass up. I’ve loved Scotland every time I’ve visited as well, so that’s a plus.

I feel like it also prepared you better for clinical settings since your first placement is in week 1. You learn very closely from clinicians too. I’ve also heard that the rural placements are great because the staff are passionate and eager to teach.

I generally feel like the course suits me because I like to be proactive and independent.

The 16k bursary helps too.
Reply 2
Original post by dadamn
Hi all,

I have received offers from Swansea, Warwick, and St Andrew/Dundee Universities to study Graduate Entry Medicine.

I have done my own research, and I am aware of the structural difference and emphasis of each course.

I would like to hear some personal opinion, recommendations or insights on which one I should choose?
Thanks!

Hey,

Firstly congrats on the offers, well done!. I am in a similar position having offers from Swansea and st Andrews and like arobrusker I leaned towards and have decided to firm scotgem. The early emphasis on patient contact and excellent teaching we will receive have swayed me. Having said that I have heard many great things about Warwick and Swansea also. The bigger cohort at Warwick suits certain students.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dadamn
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi @dadamn, hope you're doing well and congrats on your GEM offers.

We have some current Swansea Uni GEM students active on TSR, so feel free to review any recent threads that might help with insights and experiences. Here's a recent post from Hope, who's in her 2nd year https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7318876&page=5#post98220480.

Our official forum threads could also be useful for you, so take a look when you get a chance https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=178.

Let me know if you need help with anything else. Best of luck with everything!

Gethin (Future Students Team)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending