The Student Room Group

Failed 2nd Placement

I was failed for professional conduct (I answered a teacher back) after spending nearly 6 weeks at 2nd placement. I was insulted in front of students. I experienced racism and discrimination at the school. The placement failed to provide reasonable adjustments for my learning disability. The university failed to listen to me when I asked to be sent back to the 1st placement as I was struggling mentally. I said I felt like crying being in the school.

I wasn't given any warning and they just failed me. I have been an educator previously and never had any trouble. They're asking me to do another 6 weeks at another school knowing that I am mentally struggling and I have a job to get back to

The university took the side of the school even though I had evidences of communication with them about my mental health.

I am not sure if an appeal would work here. Has anyone got any experience or advice? All my targets have been met and I am doing extremely well apart from this incident which was due to the stress that the uni and 2nd school caused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending