The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Course lead contacts

I’m looking to ask one of the midwifery course leads a question surrounding the set up for September 2023. Does any one have an email address for any of them please?
Hello Shelley_849,

Greetings! Hope you are doing well.

I am extremely glad that you are interested in the midwifery course at Coventry University. If you want to request information for the course, you can fill out a form through their website. Please find the web address attached below. The faculty is the best lead to know about the course and the requirements.

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/faculties-and-schools/health-and-life-sciences/nursing-midwifery-and-health/

You can always chat with them on their portal or contact them through email or phone. The request info form is right next to these options. Feel free to reach out to them through any resource. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you at Coventry University.

Warm Regards,
Megha Sharma
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello Shelley_849,

Greetings! Hope you are doing well.

I am extremely glad that you are interested in the midwifery course at Coventry University. If you want to request information for the course, you can fill out a form through their website. Please find the web address attached below. The faculty is the best lead to know about the course and the requirements.

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/faculties-and-schools/health-and-life-sciences/nursing-midwifery-and-health/

You can always chat with them on their portal or contact them through email or phone. The request info form is right next to these options. Feel free to reach out to them through any resource. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you at Coventry University.

Warm Regards,
Megha Sharma
Student Ambassador
Coventry University

I have an offer to study with them in September, but the live chat is never available and it takes over half an hour to get through to any one on the main number. Midwifery isn’t a course option on that request form either 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by Shelley_849
I have an offer to study with them in September, but the live chat is never available and it takes over half an hour to get through to any one on the main number. Midwifery isn’t a course option on that request form either 🤷🏼*♀️

Hello @Shelley_849

I’m sorry to hear that those options aren’t working for you. I’m actually a 3rd year student midwife - is there anything I can help you with or see if I can find out the answer to? If so, please respond to this post with your query and I’ll see if I can help.

Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Hello @Shelley_849

I’m sorry to hear that those options aren’t working for you. I’m actually a 3rd year student midwife - is there anything I can help you with or see if I can find out the answer to? If so, please respond to this post with your query and I’ll see if I can help.

Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Thanks for the reply ☺️ - I hope you’re enjoying it.

It’s surrounding the set up of the course, it was “advertised” as blocks and not integrated placements, however a 2nd year I know has been told that in her 3rd year (starting September) they will be moved to integrated placement mode of learning.

I think you would have been the last cohort to use the integrated set up, before they moved to blocks. Now I’m worried they will be moving back to integrated for our cohort starting September, and one of the reason I chose Coventry was because of the block set up, as it works better for family / uni life balance.

Not sure if you can help with that haha, but thanks for the reply all the same ☺️
Thanks for the reply ☺️ - I hope you’re enjoying it.

It’s surrounding the set up of the course, it was “advertised” as blocks and not integrated placements, however a 2nd year I know has been told that in her 3rd year (starting September) they will be moved to integrated placement mode of learning.

I think you would have been the last cohort to use the integrated set up, before they moved to blocks. Now I’m worried they will be moving back to integrated for our cohort starting September, and one of the reason I chose Coventry was because of the block set up, as it works better for family / uni life balance.

Not sure if you can help with that haha, but thanks for the reply all the same ☺️

Hey @Shelley_849 [br] [br] I hope you’re well! Yes I am enjoying it, it has been the hardest three years of my life but it is definitely going to be worth it!!

As it currently stands, for Sep ‘23 cohort you will still be having 40 hour placement week blocks, if anything is to change this will definitely be communicated with you and if I hear anything different from the academic team, I’ll reply back to this post! Unfortunately we can’t give out the personal contact details for any members of the academic team.

P.S. I have a thread in the “Nursing & Midwifery” forum just look out for the Cov Uni logo, if you ever need to catch my attention!
Hey @Shelley_849 [br] [br] I hope you’re well! Yes I am enjoying it, it has been the hardest three years of my life but it is definitely going to be worth it!!

As it currently stands, for Sep ‘23 cohort you will still be having 40 hour placement week blocks, if anything is to change this will definitely be communicated with you and if I hear anything different from the academic team, I’ll reply back to this post! Unfortunately we can’t give out the personal contact details for any members of the academic team.

P.S. I have a thread in the “Nursing & Midwifery” forum just look out for the Cov Uni logo, if you ever need to catch my attention!

That’s really really helpful, thank you so much. I really hope they keep it that way.
I’ve been worrying since the person I know who’s going in to 3rd year in September, told me about the change to their set up.

I am so excited to start. It still doesn’t feel quite real, September seems so far away, but I’m trying to soak up and enjoy all
the family time and free time I can in the mean time!

Thanks again for your reply, it’s really helpful! I appreciate you can’t gif sour personal email addresses but I didn’t know if their was a generic contact, but more directed to the midwifery course leads etc.
(edited 1 year ago)
That’s really really helpful, thank you so much. I really hope they keep it that way.
I’ve been worrying since the person I know who’s going in to 3rd year in September, told me about the change to their set up.

I am so excited to start. It still doesn’t feel quite real, September seems so far away, but I’m trying to soak up and enjoy all
the family time and free time I can in the mean time!

Thanks again for your reply, it’s really helpful! I appreciate you can’t gif sour personal email addresses but I didn’t know if their was a generic contact, but more directed to the midwifery course leads etc.

Hello @Shelley_849

No worries, that's okay! It's so hard isn't it because midwifery and midwifery courses are ever-changing but we can always adapt :smile:
I know I was sooo excited before I first started, it's strange to think that your dreams will finally turn into reality. But YES, spend as much time doing the things you love and having that quality family time. Once you start as a student midwife, your life honestly changes in many ways.

I miss my family a lot as I have chosen to study away from home, but I will soon be back with them once I finish in September! Hopefully we meet before I finish the course. If not, best of luck Shelley! :smile:

Kind regards,
Hello @Shelley_849

No worries, that's okay! It's so hard isn't it because midwifery and midwifery courses are ever-changing but we can always adapt :smile:
I know I was sooo excited before I first started, it's strange to think that your dreams will finally turn into reality. But YES, spend as much time doing the things you love and having that quality family time. Once you start as a student midwife, your life honestly changes in many ways.

I miss my family a lot as I have chosen to study away from home, but I will soon be back with them once I finish in September! Hopefully we meet before I finish the course. If not, best of luck Shelley! :smile:

Kind regards,

Yes, you’re absolutely right. We adapt and change. It’s just you get your head set up for one thing initially. It would just be ideal if it would be confirmed, the communication from the university is quite lacking from what I’ve heard. One of the only downsides.

I’m finishing work in July and I’m just going to enjoy the summer with my kiddiwinks before September arrives.

Bless you, that must be really tough, I couldn’t imagine that. That’s a shame you won’t be staying with us when you leave. We are so many good students move back home when they qualify (I’m a bank HCA in maternity, and was a volunteer on 25 for 3&1/2 years before that, so our paths have probably crossed at one point or another)

Thank you again
Yes, you’re absolutely right. We adapt and change. It’s just you get your head set up for one thing initially. It would just be ideal if it would be confirmed, the communication from the university is quite lacking from what I’ve heard. One of the only downsides.

I’m finishing work in July and I’m just going to enjoy the summer with my kiddiwinks before September arrives.

Bless you, that must be really tough, I couldn’t imagine that. That’s a shame you won’t be staying with us when you leave. We are so many good students move back home when they qualify (I’m a bank HCA in maternity, and was a volunteer on 25 for 3&1/2 years before that, so our paths have probably crossed at one point or another)

Thank you again

Hey @Shelley_849

Nice to hear from you again! Yes I understand, sometimes the communication can be a bit slow but I guess there are just so many students and enquiries, but the really important things are always communicated well in advance!

Wow! I actually just came off my placement on ward25, I initially found it quite hard but got settled back in nicely and enjoyed it more towards the end - this has made me realise just how small the world really is. What encouraged you to make the switch from being a HCA to wanting to become a midwife? You have already got so much experience from your time spent as a maternity HCA which is great and it will benefit you a lot when you become a student midwife! I am honestly so excited for you.

Jade x
Hey @Shelley_849

Nice to hear from you again! Yes I understand, sometimes the communication can be a bit slow but I guess there are just so many students and enquiries, but the really important things are always communicated well in advance!

Wow! I actually just came off my placement on ward25, I initially found it quite hard but got settled back in nicely and enjoyed it more towards the end - this has made me realise just how small the world really is. What encouraged you to make the switch from being a HCA to wanting to become a midwife? You have already got so much experience from your time spent as a maternity HCA which is great and it will benefit you a lot when you become a student midwife! I am honestly so excited for you.

Jade x

Your experience must be more positive than many of the other students I’ve spoken to at Coventry, which is great for you.

I love ward 25, everyone there is so lovely! I only bank there once in a while, and even more rarely on labour ward, but I find being a HCA on labour ward really different, I feel very much like a spare part, where as on 25 I really feel like I make a difference. I’ve always been interested in becoming a midwife (never thought I was clever enough), and I went back to work (in my current admin reporting role for a utility company) after having my eldest, and sat there at my desk and thought, I cannot do this for the next 35 years of my life, I need to try and follow my passion to become a midwife, so I enrolled to re-sit my maths gcse, passed that, had another baby (knew I had to go back to my current job for another 12 months post maternity leave, else we have to pay back our generous 6 month full pay), so enrolled in my access course whilst on maternity leave, knowing it would be set to finish around the time I could leave work without having to pay them anything, smashing my access with all distinctions (no resubs) so far (2 units left), applied in September 22 for September 23, got an interview for Cov (which was always my first choice, because of my volunteering there), had my interview on the 20th of October (which I drove back from a holiday in Great Yarmouth for) had my interview, drove back to Great Yarmouth, and had my offer the very next day. I also got offers for UoL and UoN too, as well as an interview for BCU, but I turned that down as I already had Cov and my insurance choice Uni offers. So I’ve finally stopped doubting myself that I’m not clever enough haha!

I realise you didn’t ask for my life story haha, but hey, there you go!!x

Quick Reply

Latest