The Student Room Group

A Level English Essay

Hi, I do A Level AQA English Literature. Does anyone have any tips on how to write English essays under timed conditions? I always find myself running out of time and essays not flowing well because, in the spur of the moment, I forget the exact word I want to use or how exactly I want to phrase my point. Any advice will be much appreciated, thank you!
Original post by fig451
Hi, I do A Level AQA English Literature. Does anyone have any tips on how to write English essays under timed conditions? I always find myself running out of time and essays not flowing well because, in the spur of the moment, I forget the exact word I want to use or how exactly I want to phrase my point. Any advice will be much appreciated, thank you!

I find writing down around 5 key points you want to frame your essay around before you start helps with ideas and flow of writing. Try practicing exemplar questions under timed conditions and not to worry too much about how things are phrased. If you remember it later, write it down and change it at the end if you have time,
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
I find writing down around 5 key points you want to frame your essay around before you start helps with ideas and flow of writing. Try practicing exemplar questions under timed conditions and not to worry too much about how things are phrased. If you remember it later, write it down and change it at the end if you have time,

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by waffelton

How many pages would you recommend writing for one essay with 5 points?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending