The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE German Writing Higher Tier 4H (8668/WH) - 26th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE German Higher tier Writing exam go?

AQA GCSE German Writing 4H (8668/WH) - 26th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: 26th May 2023, am
Length: 1hr 15 mins (standard time)

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/german-8668
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
predicitions for the exam tmrw?
i just hope it's sport or free time because we have done that loads in the mocks. Do you know if we get to choose between 2 or three questions because I thought it was 2 but for the last few years, there has been one question per theme?
Reply 3
Original post by Trash_Bag4444
i just hope it's sport or free time because we have done that loads in the mocks. Do you know if we get to choose between 2 or three questions because I thought it was 2 but for the last few years, there has been one question per theme?

It’s two questions, they’re switching back to how it was pre-covid, because the examiners think that our year wasn’t that affected by the pandemic.
What did people think of the 2 bullet point tasks?
Reply 5
Hi, how did everyone find it? I thought the options were quite good, but I messed up a couple phrases in the translation, which was annoying since I usually get full marks in that part... I hope I don't get docked too many marks. Also, about the German grade boundaries... in 2018 and 2019 it was 201/240 for a 9, do you think they'll revert to that this year? Some people seemed to find the listening a bit hard... I thought it was a bit different to the past papers I had done... so lower boundaries? Maybe 196 is my prediction, I think last year it was 186 or something, but aqa said that grade boundaries were being restored sooo...
Bumping this as i couldn't earlier
also added a poll to this thread
Reply 8
Original post by r_voh
Hi, how did everyone find it? I thought the options were quite good, but I messed up a couple phrases in the translation, which was annoying since I usually get full marks in that part... I hope I don't get docked too many marks. Also, about the German grade boundaries... in 2018 and 2019 it was 201/240 for a 9, do you think they'll revert to that this year? Some people seemed to find the listening a bit hard... I thought it was a bit different to the past papers I had done... so lower boundaries? Maybe 196 is my prediction, I think last year it was 186 or something, but aqa said that grade boundaries were being restored sooo...

i think it’ll be slightly lower than 2019. For my year personally, loads of people found the listening difficult even people who are practically fluent
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by r_voh

What was the question for the writing

Latest

Trending

Trending