The Student Room Group

Not performing well enough in Physics !!!

My A-level physics exams are in May, and I feel quite underprepared. My teacher told me that there’s still a lot of time to revise, provided that I work hard. Not too worried about the time constraints just yet, but I am worried about content clicking. I’ve been using the easter holidays to mostly focus on topic questions from past papers, but my notes just…aren’t comprehensive enough? I’m on the Eduqas exam board (yeah, I don’t know why either 😒) and I’ll be doing questions on, let’s say, gravitational fields, and it’ll ask me a question that is not in my notes. I’ll watch videos on it (ZPhysics is my go to revision channel) but idk, it just doesn’t cover those pesky small bits on the spec. This problem tends to add up, and I’m losing a LOT of marks. How do I avoid this? My textbooks aren’t very comprehensive either - what do I do???
Reply 1
Just stop making notes and use the textbook.

Focus on past papers - every time you can't do a question, lean how to do it in the textbook and move on to the next one.

Alevel physics isnt hard its just about doing loads of practice
Reply 2
Learn past paper mark schemes - know what they want you to write/do to get the marks.
Reply 3
Original post by callphd
Just stop making notes and use the textbook.

Focus on past papers - every time you can't do a question, lean how to do it in the textbook and move on to the next one.

Alevel physics isnt hard its just about doing loads of practice

thank you so much! i’ll try this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending