The Student Room Group

How to start dating ig?

I'm almost 18 and I have dated, and although it is uncommon based on my friends around me, all in all I don't think it's majorly uncommon? However, I guess I always thought that sort of life would occur during univeristy. However I've decided to go for the apprenticeship route, and i guess im kinda worried that I'm severely limiting the amount of people that I'll meet. I never really had the high school experience, or a bunch of friends etc so I always thought I could make up for that in uni, but now i cant? Also regarding dating, should I actively seek it out using dating apps, which seem like I'm too young and also kinda toxic? Or should I just leave it , and what will be will be?
Original post by pips1242
I'm almost 18 and I have dated, and although it is uncommon based on my friends around me, all in all I don't think it's majorly uncommon? However, I guess I always thought that sort of life would occur during univeristy. However I've decided to go for the apprenticeship route, and i guess im kinda worried that I'm severely limiting the amount of people that I'll meet. I never really had the high school experience, or a bunch of friends etc so I always thought I could make up for that in uni, but now i cant? Also regarding dating, should I actively seek it out using dating apps, which seem like I'm too young and also kinda toxic? Or should I just leave it , and what will be will be?

Hum, looks like a serious problem for you. :smile: BTW how old are U?
Reply 2
Why do you want to be dating at 17? Do you want to be in a relationship that young, with the commitment and responsibility it brings? Or are you wanting someone because you don't have a friend?

If you want to meet like-minded people, get involved in activities and do hobbies, sports, volunteering, evening classes. But make friends and don't be desperate to meet 'the one'; plenty of time for that in future.
Original post by Surnia
Why do you want to be dating at 17? Do you want to be in a relationship that young, with the commitment and responsibility it brings? Or are you wanting someone because you don't have a friend?

If you want to meet like-minded people, get involved in activities and do hobbies, sports, volunteering, evening classes. But make friends and don't be desperate to meet 'the one'; plenty of time for that in future.

It's normal for teenagers to date. They are experimenting with relationships to see what a good relationship looks like, their likes/dislikes, compatibilities etc.

You can certainly date without being in a relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by justlearning1469
It's normal for teenagers to date. They are experimenting with relationships to see what a good relationship looks like, their likes/dislikes, compatibilities etc.

You can certainly date without being in a relationship.

It's normal for people to date, full stop, and dating isn't a relationship, but if the OP is just wanting to date, what's the motivation and how will they cope with the possible drama and emotion of it? If you want to go out and have fun, find friends to do it with.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending