The Student Room Group

For the guys

Hey guys,

I've been with this guy for a long while (almost three years) but we broke up around end of September because the relationship didn't seem to be going well and it was kind of a bit toxic in a sense that maybe it was more of an attachment than 'love'.

Since then it seems he has started seeing several people and going to clubs and sleeping around from what he told me. He reached out to me several times saying that he hopes we can be long term friends and that he cares about me and wants to know how I am doing every now and then, but i have been consistently ignoring these messages as I feel he is only want to keep in touch so he can get something when the time comes.

I guess my question is- what's dating like nowadays for guys who is 19 years old, is it more for something casual or are they looking for a connection or something meaningful? I think if it would be very hard to find something of value and of emotional connection if you going from one person to the next without taking any time to know them deeply but rather only wanting something on the surface.

And also doesn't a guy want someone who can really understand them and they can be their real self instead of a pretend person who is only trying to appear like what they should so they can attract the attention of girls.

What do you think?
no we want the same thing you said but such girls are not attractive in general (im sorry but unfortunately it is). either she is attractive or deep not both in this age, ig.
in teenage we want to explore and understand what it is and how it goes so dating is more of a casual but for some amount of time it is little deep also.
Reply 2
Guys want sex
Original post by Kawasa
Guys want sex

The guys who play one girl and jump to another definitely
Reply 4
When i was 19 I did not care too much about deep and meaningful connections. I cared about playing fast music, drinking, and chasing girls.

But there's no one unified answer, really. Some want one, some want the other, some, counter-intuitively, think they want both and that's where their problems start.
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
The guys who play one girl and jump to another definitely

Yeah but all guys want sex, even the more faithful ones. They're full of sexual hormones, they have a "boner" even by just seeing a hot woman.
Original post by Kawasa
Yeah but all guys want sex, even the more faithful ones. They're full of sexual hormones, they have a "boner" even by just seeing a hot woman.

No not all of them. The innocent and good guys don’t they have commitment and loyalty within them is the ones considered players that do.
Consider yourself single until you have a ring on your finger. Play the feild, that doesnt mean sleep around. Who cares what these guys are doing. Your actions should not be based on them otherwise get ready to go bonkers.
Original post by Kawasa

Exactly especially a 19 year old.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
When i was 19 I did not care too much about deep and meaningful connections. I cared about playing fast music, drinking, and chasing girls.

But there's no one unified answer, really. Some want one, some want the other, some, counter-intuitively, think they want both and that's where their problems start.

Then what age did you start to want something deep and meaningful?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #1
Then what age did you start to want something deep and meaningful?

Mid 20s, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending