The Student Room Group

How do i push myself from a 3 to a 4

Hey all im currently in the middle of grade 3 how do i push that to a 4? All i need for my college/future
in what subject?
Original post by poliegren
in what subject?

English Language.
I sincerely suggest you start reading a variation of literary texts or literally any writing. The more understanding of how a piece of text is used in all its senses, the easier it will be to get to grips with the exam. Plays, poems, classics, newspapers, articles, blogs, even music lyrics, pick up a book and read ! If you struggle with this, link the text with an interest or hobby you have, trust me when I say there's something for everyone. When you're reading, identify techniques used ( if you're not familiar with these i can send a link if you'd like). This is simply practice initially. Then try this with past papers ( for the right exam board) On youtube follow videos ( mr bruff, mr salles, mr everything english) dictating how to structure exam questions and get practicing. It's absolutely possible ! This wont just help with language but literature also. If you want to go the extra step, analyse and put into practice the mark scheme, it essentially speaks exactly what candidates must do in order for their desirable grade. Hope this helpful, ask more Qs if you'd like : )

Original post by Sav Student
English Language.
Original post by Sav Student
English Language.

Read an example document for each type you need to know, ( eg read a sample letter, read a sample newspaper article ) and write down the main factors in each which differentiate them. Eg: a letter has an address, a newspaper article will have a large title designed to create interest.
Try to practise creative writing phrases e.g. just doing a sentence or two at a time to think of good similes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending