The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Changing college- Cambridge Postgraduate

Hi,Has any ever managed to change college on the grounds that they've been pooled into a female only college and they wouldn't feel comfortable being in a female only environment?
Reply 1
Original post by LottieApsey
Hi,Has any ever managed to change college on the grounds that they've been pooled into a female only college and they wouldn't feel comfortable being in a female only environment?

i mean, what circumstances could you claim that you wouldn't feel comfortable being in an all girls environment? i would understand if you've had really traumatic experiences with girls and didn't want to be with them at all...but if you asked to change college you'd still be in a environment with girls, there'd just be boys there too? since so much effort goes into the pooling process, i feel like a college would find it hard to believe your mental health would genuinely suffer when being surrounded by girls - also remember that being in an all girls college doesn't mean you won't be able to make friends who are guys.
that being said, i don't know anything about you and if you feel you genuinely have concrete serious evidence that goes beyond 'the girls at my secondary school were really *****y and i didn't like them', you might have a very small chance at it being changed?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending