The Student Room Group

Revision help

I'm about to take my A-Level exams in a month. With it getting so close, I'm starting to stress. I've never struggled with revision before, normally being able to just get done what needs to be done. Lately, I've been stuck in a rut and haven't been able to do any revision since mocks in January. Everytime I try to revise I seem to just break down and have anxiety attacks. I've tried different methods to try and get some revision in but I'm at a loss and now afraid I'm not even going to pass my exams. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions? Thank you.
heyyyy, I was exactly the same, what I did was I used my whiteboard to blurt out everything I already know, remember you know a lot more than you think. I also mainly did essay based a levels and so I don’t know if this will be any help to you if you don’t do essay based but it still might help: I basically made a spreadsheet of all previous questions and predicted what questions could come up- from there I was able to make essay plans and practise answering those questions and this really helps. After that, the next day or a few days later, I’ll put the same question in front of me and try to replicate the plan or practise writing out the question with no help, this kind of tricked me into revising because I wasn’t wasting my time writing notes upon notes on topics, rather I was learning and remembering things by writing my notes into exam questions. I don’t know if this made any sense but I hope this helps.
Trust me, my first exam I was completely ******** myself, stressed, scared, anxious but trust me when I say when you sit that exam, it’s absolutely fine and after that, I was asking myself why I was stressing that much it felt like I was sitting my mocks😭. Remember to look after yourself if revision is becoming overwhelming take a break, it will all be fine ❤️
Thank you, this makes sense. I do do essay based subjects so that makes sense. I think I'm just overwhelmed with the amount I need to revise.

I done my gcses in the peak of covid so I'm used to always having advanced information and this is the first time I have no support haha.

Thank you so much! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending