The Student Room Group

how to revise for theme questions

I've been revising for character questions in Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls by learning quotes for each character and analysis for each. For the themes however, first of all, I don't know which themes could come up (I know the obvious ones of course) but also I don't know a good way of preparing for them.

Maybe just learning quotes that I would use for each theme, maybe even re-using ones I had for the character???

Please someone help, thanks
Original post by English_Warrior
I've been revising for character questions in Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls by learning quotes for each character and analysis for each. For the themes however, first of all, I don't know which themes could come up (I know the obvious ones of course) but also I don't know a good way of preparing for them.

Maybe just learning quotes that I would use for each theme, maybe even re-using ones I had for the character???

Please someone help, thanks

Yes, definitely reuse your quotes.
The beauty of literature is you can literally say anything and get marks for it because everyone will perceive the same sentence differently. As long as what you say is feasible, you could say anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending