The Student Room Group

Got 1 med school offer but from somewhere I don't want to go

I got 1 medicine offer from SGUL, I picked this uni at random and the first time I went I realised I didn't like it, no proper campus, facilities didn't look that great and I have heard only bad things from ex-pupils. But now I am sat on 3 rejections and an offer from somewhere I don't want to go to, I get its a medicine offer and there is no guarantee for any offers next year but I also don't want to commit myself to 5 years to a place I don't like to look of.
Original post by Pinezapples
I got 1 medicine offer from SGUL, I picked this uni at random and the first time I went I realised I didn't like it, no proper campus, facilities didn't look that great and I have heard only bad things from ex-pupils. But now I am sat on 3 rejections and an offer from somewhere I don't want to go to, I get its a medicine offer and there is no guarantee for any offers next year but I also don't want to commit myself to 5 years to a place I don't like to look of.

Why did you pick a uni at random, for medicine of all things? If you're prone to making impulsive choices, do you think rejecting this offer is actually the most sensible thing to do?

I'm wondering what you mean by no proper campus? It's not a campus uni in the commonly understood sense of the term, but then again no university in London is. SGUL is the UK's only healthcare exclusive university, in some respects that gives it more of a unique community feel than other medical schools.

Realistically your options are to take your offer and make the best of it or to reject it and hope that next year will be different. Unless you can identify specific and reliably alterable deficiencies in your application from this year which you can amend, option 2 is likely to be a poor choice.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending