The Student Room Group

Semester Abroad @ Uni of Edinburgh vs Trinity College Dublin

Hi everyone!

I’m an undergraduate Australian university student who is trying to decide which school to go to for a semester abroad.

I believe I’ve narrowed down my choices to Edinburgh or Trinity, and was hoping somebody here would be familiar with either of these schools to help me decide on one over the other.

Any coursework I undertake abroad does not affect my university grade back home so long as I pass, so the difficulty and workload at either institution is not important.

Additionally, the academic prestige and career prospects of each institution are not important to me as neither will materially affect my career pursuits back in Australia.

Rather, I am basing my decision purely on which institution I believe I will have the most enjoyable experience at.

Does anybody know whether there is a better drinking / nightlife culture at either school? Or if one in particular would be a better place to make friends as an international exchange student?

Also, if somebody reads this and thinks another school in the UK or Europe might be more fun please let me know. My university has study abroad partnerships with pretty much any UK school (except Oxford, Cambridge, LSE), and hundreds of schools all over Europe so I’d be really appreciative of any feedback and suggestions.

Thank you very much for your help and time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending