The Student Room Group

A-LEVELS

Hey, I am in Year 11 and I do history as one of my GCSEs. I also want to do history as one of my A-Levels too. But my school's exam board is Edexcel and another school's(that I am considering and got an offer from) exam board is AQA. I am worried that it will be too different from what I learned from Edexcel.
So what are the similarities and differences in the exam boards/questions/marking etc?
the questions will be slightly different in the way they are worded and content will be also different but you have teachers to ask that can help fill the gaps in your knowledge. I do history edexcel and if you use bbc bitesize for history and use a different exam board, there will be a lot of information that you would already know and some information that is not what you already know. The way you would answer would probably be slightly different. I do history edexcel and if you use bbc bitesize for history and use a different exam board, there is some knowledge that you would already know and some information that is not what you already know. Not sure about the markscheme though
Original post by asiandude123
the questions will be slightly different in the way they are worded and content will be also different but you have teachers to ask that can help fill the gaps in your knowledge. I do history edexcel and if you use bbc bitesize for history and use a different exam board, there will be a lot of information that you would already know and some information that is not what you already know. The way you would answer would probably be slightly different. I do history edexcel and if you use bbc bitesize for history and use a different exam board, there is some knowledge that you would already know and some information that is not what you already know. Not sure about the markscheme though

Thank you:smile:
Original post by acolourfulhuman
Hey, I am in Year 11 and I do history as one of my GCSEs. I also want to do history as one of my A-Levels too. But my school's exam board is Edexcel and another school's(that I am considering and got an offer from) exam board is AQA. I am worried that it will be too different from what I learned from Edexcel.
So what are the similarities and differences in the exam boards/questions/marking etc?

Heya!
I would recommend checking the past papers for both and seeing for yourself. I believe the general information should be pretty similar (but do double-check this yourself just in case), it's just the way questions and mark schemes are different. if it helps, you can check out different past papers boards using Study mind.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend checking the past papers for both and seeing for yourself. I believe the general information should be pretty similar (but do double-check this yourself just in case), it's just the way questions and mark schemes are different. if it helps, you can check out different past papers boards using Study mind.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest