The Student Room Group

Is my subject choice right for bioinformatics?

I am currently doing my A levels, with the subject choice of biology computer science and English language, my school has a small subject range so initially I had taken biology and English because I wanted to do midwifery and had computer science as a backup if I decided otherwise which I did. I am now interested in bioinformatics which from what I have read is essentially biology and computer science with a bit of maths and chemistry. Am I safe with my current subjects to do this degree since I did chemistry and maths at O level but not A level
Original post by TinotendaLatisha
I am currently doing my A levels, with the subject choice of biology computer science and English language, my school has a small subject range so initially I had taken biology and English because I wanted to do midwifery and had computer science as a backup if I decided otherwise which I did. I am now interested in bioinformatics which from what I have read is essentially biology and computer science with a bit of maths and chemistry. Am I safe with my current subjects to do this degree since I did chemistry and maths at O level but not A level

Yeah maths and chem I think would be good I’d look at entry requirements for bio degrees

Quick Reply

Latest