The Student Room Group

3rd BSc Nutrition interested in MSc Dietetics - advice appreciated

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. Just wanted to see if anyone could help/advise.

I got a BSc Nutrition during the pandemic and due to family health issues only managed a Third honours.

My hopes had been to go on to do a MSc Dietetics but the lowest minimum entry requirements I've found are a 2:2.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what I can do atm? Should I try apply anyway with references explaining my circumstances or would it be better to try go for a MSc in Human Nutrition/Clinical Nutrition and then circle back round to Dietetics in the future?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Original post by Shade23
Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. Just wanted to see if anyone could help/advise.

I got a BSc Nutrition during the pandemic and due to family health issues only managed a Third honours.

My hopes had been to go on to do a MSc Dietetics but the lowest minimum entry requirements I've found are a 2:2.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what I can do atm? Should I try apply anyway with references explaining my circumstances or would it be better to try go for a MSc in Human Nutrition/Clinical Nutrition and then circle back round to Dietetics in the future?

Thank you

Does Ur own Alma Marta offer the MSc?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Does Ur own Alma Marta offer the MSc?

Thank you for your response, unfortunately they dont
Original post by Shade23
Thank you for your response, unfortunately they dont

I think you should try to get some relevant experience. Then try emailing some universities to see if they would accept you with experience.
Reply 4
Original post by Shade23
Hello all,

Thank you

Have you considered doing a BSc in dietetics instead, it should be eligible for funding as a second undergraduate degree.

And with a BSc in nutrition you maybe able to start at year two.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by dw1177
Have you considered doing a BSc in dietetics instead, it should be eligible for funding as a second undergraduate degree.

And with a BSc in nutrition you maybe able to start at year two.

Thank you, definitely an option I'm looking into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending