The Student Room Group

Hoping to claim compensation

I’m hoping to claim compensation for my uni accommodation. Since moving in there has been a ‘pest’ issue. The kitchen had cockroaches in when I first moved in and I’m leaving soon and the issue is still on going. Not only this my bathroom has had big black bottle flies coming out of the walls and the drains. Now fruit flies are appearing in there. When I first told them about this issue I was handed a bottle of fly spray and told ‘good luck’. I contacted several times but was told there is nothing they can do. Now it’s happening again I’ve bought my own fly spray and killed over 200 fruit flies these past few days. I’ve had to throw away towels and products in my bathroom. Surely it isn’t safe that I’m spraying this much fly spray and inhaling it everyday. There is holes in the walls in my bathroom and has been since I moved in. I have pictures of everything.

Honestly I want my rent back, it’s been impossible to shower, and brush my teeth. Not even to mention the fact I literally had to throw away all my plates from the kitchen because of the cockroaches! Which again are from the building not from me or anyone else. I’m giving up. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending