The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings reply

Hey guys. I applied for culture media and creative industries at KCL. Would be my dream course? Haven’t heard anything and submitted my application jan 25th. Is this a bad sign?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys. I applied for culture media and creative industries at KCL. Would be my dream course? Haven’t heard anything and submitted my application jan 25th. Is this a bad sign?

When you say you have heard anything, do you mean you've not even received the "welcome" email from UCAS, or an acknowledgement from KCL that they've received your application? If so, check your junk, and that your not using a school/college email account (as they often block emails from reaching you).

If you mean a decision then it's not a bad sign. Some universities (like KCL) take months to make offer-decisions. You're at about the four-week mark. So you may have plenty of waiting still to do.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
When you say you have heard anything, do you mean you've not even received the "welcome" email from UCAS, or an acknowledgement from KCL that they've received your application? If so, check your junk, and that your not using a school/college email account (as they often block emails from reaching you).

If you mean a decision then it's not a bad sign. Some universities (like KCL) take months to make offer-decisions. You're at about the four-week mark. So you may have plenty of waiting still to do.
No I’ve gotten the ucas email and confirmation for kings. I meant a decision. I saw other people getting offers for KCL but I guess my course might be different. Thank you
No I’ve gotten the ucas email and confirmation for kings. I meant a decision. I saw other people getting offers for KCL but I guess my course might be different. Thank you

That's exactly right. The decision process for other courses may be very different. Even for your course, they may deal with contextual students or international students or mature students or whatever differently. So it's almost impossible to use when others have received decisions as a guide to when you should.
Reply 4
That's exactly right. The decision process for other courses may be very different. Even for your course, they may deal with contextual students or international students or mature students or whatever differently. So it's almost impossible to use when others have received decisions as a guide to when you should.
Okay thank you. I’m also waiting on UAL and some people on my courses getting offers so it’s quite an anxious time. Thanks for telling me this.
Reply 5
I got rejected. I did the Irish leaving cert and achieved grades H1, H1, H1, H2, H2, H3. My course in kings was AAA which is H1 H1 H2 H2 H2 H2.I thought my extra h1 would make up for the missing h2. . is it worth asking about it at all?
I got rejected. I did the Irish leaving cert and achieved grades H1, H1, H1, H2, H2, H3. My course in kings was AAA which is H1 H1 H2 H2 H2 H2.I thought my extra h1 would make up for the missing h2. . is it worth asking about it at all?

Sorry to hear that. :frown:

They know what grades you have, so asking them to take another look won't achieve anything; they've made their decision. Universities sometimes accept compensating grades (i.e. one higher than the requirement to compensate for one being lower), but it all depends on what other candidates they have applying. Clearly you're up against some stiff competition this year.

Have you heard back from UAL (or anyone else) yet?
Reply 7
They know what grades you have, so asking them to take another look won't achieve anything; they've made their decision. Universities sometimes accept compensating grades (i.e. one higher than the requirement to compensate for one being lower), but it all depends on what other candidates they have applying. Clearly you're up against some stiff competition this year.
it’s so hard to accept but thank you. Yeah I received one unconditional offer from uni of Manchester. One rejection from UAL but waiting on two other courses there. Feeling really crappy about myself tbh. Also applied for an Irish uni that I really like but you don’t hear from them for ages
Reply 8

Hey I emailed them just incase and I think someone opened my email Sunday because the date changed on my portal. I rang yesterday so see if they had any answer and they said my email had been flagged and I will hear back from them soon once they look into it. Do u think this is a little hope or no?
Hey I emailed them just incase and I think someone opened my email Sunday because the date changed on my portal. I rang yesterday so see if they had any answer and they said my email had been flagged and I will hear back from them soon once they look into it. Do u think this is a little hope or no?

I'd say "little hope" is about right. But "little hope" is not "no hope". (Although it's close!)

Quick Reply

Latest