The Student Room Group

Whiplash halal or haram?

A few months ago my parents and little brothers were involved in a accident. They were passengers onboard a bus which crashed. Alhamdullilah they weren't hurt but can we claim whiplash for it as they were involved in the accident. My father has leukemia so his health isn't the best anyways. Is this halal or haram because I feel like it's lying as they weren't injured but the fact the bus crashed with them onboard do we get anything for that?
Reply 1
If you didn't suffer symptoms of whiplash or have a medical diagnosis for it then yes that would be lying, and haram.

But also, if it was a few months ago, and you are requesting aid or compensation now, it might be a bit suspicious, because whiplash is an instant injury, its not something that starts a few months after an incident. So I'm not sure you can even get a compensation.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If you didn't suffer symptoms of whiplash or have a medical diagnosis for it then yes that would be lying, and haram.

But also, if it was a few months ago, and you are requesting aid or compensation now, it might be a bit suspicious, because whiplash is an instant injury, its not something that starts a few months after an incident. So I'm not sure you can even get a compensation.

Hi so basically my aunt said you have up to 3 years as symptoms can show up later my little brother had neck pain/ stiffness a few months later but it was temporary so I dont know if they was whiplash or not
Reply 3
A few months ago my parents and little brothers were involved in a accident. They were passengers onboard a bus which crashed. Alhamdullilah they weren't hurt but can we claim whiplash for it as they were involved in the accident. My father has leukemia so his health isn't the best anyways. Is this halal or haram because I feel like it's lying as they weren't injured but the fact the bus crashed with them onboard do we get anything for that?

You would need medical evidence to claim for damages.
Reply 4
I feel like it's lying as they weren't injured

Well it is lying...

Quick Reply

Latest