The Student Room Group

Certificate and name change?

So I want to change my name legally so that my preferred name is on my A-level and BTEC certificates (I transitioned). This will only be done during my second year though, so will the certificate be in my new legal name or the name I applied for the course with?
Original post by Emory3
So I want to change my name legally so that my preferred name is on my A-level and BTEC certificates (I transitioned). This will only be done during my second year though, so will the certificate be in my new legal name or the name I applied for the course with?

Details are at; https://support.pearson.com/uk/s/article/Guidance-on-Learner-Gender-in-Registration-and-Certification#:~:text=Changing%20a%20name%20on%20a%20certificate,-We%20recognise%20that&text=Learners%20who%20have%20completed%20their,the%20replacement%20Certificate%20application%20process.
Why do you necessarily want to change your name on your certificates? It doesn't really matter what's on them as long as you can prove you're the same person. Married women don't change their certificates just because they've changed their surnames.

Quick Reply

Latest