The Student Room Group

How do i register at uni with no id?

I changed my name and i only have my passport with my old name on it. I ordered a new passport but its going to take 10 weeks to come and i was told by my uni that i need an id with my new name on it to register.
A birth certificate would be a good start.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
A birth certificate would be a good start.

Yh i hope that counts, i sent them a email and i hope i can register as ive booked accomodation.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I changed my name and i only have my passport with my old name on it. I ordered a new passport but its going to take 10 weeks to come and i was told by my uni that i need an id with my new name on it to register.

Are you sure they won't accept official ID with your old name along with the official document (for example. the deed poll, or the statutory declaration) by which you changed your name?
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
Are you sure they won't accept official ID with your old name along with the official document (for example. the deed poll, or the statutory declaration) by which you changed your name?

Well thats what i was told, but they told me to email the student centre so im just waiting for a reply. I really didnt think it would be that much of an issue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending