The Student Room Group

Parental details

I’ve applied for student finance for 24/25 for my final year. The received email to fill her details doesn’t work. I tried to link my application to her account manually but the same issue occurs. It keeps saying that her details do not match the ones provided. I’m guessing it’s because she is divorced so her surname on her account is different to the one I’ve provided. I also provided her middle name which isn’t on her account as well I think. However, I had no issues the last 2 years and I haven’t done anything different this year I don’t think the name I provided has ever matched.

Again my mum has supported my previous 2 applications, so I would’ve thought it would be easy to link to my new one, but apparently not :frown:

——

I’m realising I can get my mum to change her name account. But, this is the last thing I want to do really as it will stress her out.

If there is no other way I understand I need her to send a cover letter dated and signed, plus a copy of her divorce certificate. Does that need to be in one document uploaded to her account or can that be done separately? Do I need her passport as well, since the divorce certificate does not include her maiden name?

How long would it take for the evidence to process as this is preventing my application from being supported for income assessment? Is there a quicker way to fix the issue of my application not being linked to her account since there is evidence of her supporting my applications for the last two years?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Starwhisper
I’ve applied for student finance for 24/25 for my final year. The received email to fill her details doesn’t work. I tried to link my application to her account manually but the same issue occurs. It keeps saying that her details do not match the ones provided. I’m guessing it’s because she is divorced so her surname on her account is different to the one I’ve provided. I also provided her middle name which isn’t on her account as well I think. However, I had no issues the last 2 years and I haven’t done anything different this year I don’t think the name I provided has ever matched.
Again my mum has supported my previous 2 applications, so I would’ve thought it would be easy to link to my new one, but apparently not :frown:
——
I’m realising I can get my mum to change her name account. But, this is the last thing I want to do really as it will stress her out.
If there is no other way I understand I need her to send a cover letter dated and signed, plus a copy of her divorce certificate. Does that need to be in one document uploaded to her account or can that be done separately? Do I need her passport as well, since the divorce certificate does not include her maiden name?
How long would it take for the evidence to process as this is preventing my application from being supported for income assessment? Is there a quicker way to fix the issue of my application not being linked to her account since there is evidence of her supporting my applications for the last two years?
Hi there,

If your mum can't link to your account from hers, she would need to complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf then upload this online in her account or yours, under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

She can also upload proof of her name change also with a cover letter explaining why she is sending it, and we can look to amend this for her.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
If your mum can't link to your account from hers, she would need to complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf then upload this online in her account or yours, under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
She can also upload proof of her name change also with a cover letter explaining why she is sending it, and we can look to amend this for her.
Thanks,
Claire

I only uploaded the PFF2 form to my account. I’m assuming if any further evidence or anything is wrong I will be notified in the next few weeks?

I didn’t upload the name change cover letter and evidence to my mum’s account as it’s my final year of study so I just need this application linked to her for now.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

We should not require any further evidence/documents if you are a continuing student and your circumstances have not changed. The only thing we would require is your sponsor details.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending