The Student Room Group

UCAS Mocks

I am currently in year 12 and we have eoy exams which are key for UCAS.I want to go to Med but I feel like I have flopped the exams considering i moved from a state school to a grammar school new environment and new teachers who dont know my potential.I worked my socks of sleeping 5 hours revising and still did badly I think- I must have got smth like 20/70
Original post by helpmeplz101
I am currently in year 12 and we have eoy exams which are key for UCAS.I want to go to Med but I feel like I have flopped the exams considering i moved from a state school to a grammar school new environment and new teachers who dont know my potential.I worked my socks of sleeping 5 hours revising and still did badly I think- I must have got smth like 20/70

Hi, i know right now, teachers might be putting a lot of pressure on you and the importance of mocks for predicted grades. But the chances are the school understand your situation if you talk to them. When it comes to applying in October speak to your head of year and explain the grades you need for the med schools you want and explain to them you will work as hard as you need to from October to a levels to get those grades. And they will make your predicted grades what you need to get a chance at the med schools you want but on the condition of if they think the jump is realistic or not. For example, if your year 12 mocks are like BBC, and you need AAB for your desired med school, if you explain to school you will put in the graft (which you have 7 months to do from applying) then they will put your predicted as what you need. Your school gain nothing from screwing you over. With med students a large factor on wether they may heighten your predicted is how well you did in UCAT. If you mess up ur UCAT, they may suggest not even applying to med at all. i hope that helps calm your nerves a bit. : )
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest