The Student Room Group

Private tutor predicted grades

Is my tutor eligible to give me predicted grades for my ucas application by giving me a mock test?
Original post by Hudaraqeeb
Is my tutor eligible to give me predicted grades for my ucas application by giving me a mock test?

The person (or school / college) which you nominate as your referee needs to enter the predicted grades into UCAS. If your tutor will be your referee, then they will be expected to enter your predicted grades. If they use a mock test to gather evidence for those predictions, then that's fine.

If your school / college is you referee, then they would expect to enter their own predictions rather than those of your tutor.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The person (or school / college) which you nominate as your referee needs to enter the predicted grades into UCAS. If your tutor will be your referee, then they will be expected to enter your predicted grades. If they use a mock test to gather evidence for those predictions, then that's fine.

If your school / college is you referee, then they would expect to enter their own predictions rather than those of your tutor.

I am a private student, I found my tutor online. My tutor isn’t associated with any tutoring companies. Would that be acceptable?
Original post by Hudaraqeeb
I am a private student, I found my tutor online. My tutor isn’t associated with any tutoring companies. Would that be acceptable?

Yup. When completing your UCAS application, just specify your tutor as your referee. They will then be asked to provide your reference and your predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending