The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Economics Paper 3 (7136/3) - Monday 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

This poll is closed

How did your AQA A Level Economics Paper 3 exam go?

Loved the exam - Feeling positive 18%
The exam was reasonable/It was alright 50%
Not feeling great about that exam...15%
It was terrible, I don't even want to talk about it8%
Neither good or bad, I'm just hoping for the best/preparing for the worst8%
Something Else (let us know in the thread!)1%
Total votes: 452
AQA A-Level Economics A Paper 3 Economic principles and issues (7136/3) - Monday 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.*

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 5th June / AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA Economics

(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got 6/10 and 7/10 on my mock paper 3 10 markers..could anyone give me some tips on how to structure a 10 marker thanks
Reply 2
anyone got any predictions for paper 3 ?
Reply 3
Original post by Hazza04
anyone got any predictions for paper 3 ?

nah tbh paper 3 is so hard to predict as it could be anything from micro or macro. best bet is to revise everthing.
Reply 4
Original post by kasoe
I got 6/10 and 7/10 on my mock paper 3 10 markers..could anyone give me some tips on how to structure a 10 marker thanks

point for why trhe data suggest that
another point for why the data suggest taht
a point against (however) why the data may not suggest that
conculsion on what you think + include some limitation of the data
Reply 5
Guys can we all put, if u remember, the essays you did so we can try to see any hot topics which haven't come up yet just to make paper 3 revision slightly easier as its unlikely a big essay from paper 1 & 2 will be in paper 3, Mine were:

Paper 1: Policies to reduce environmental issues from all cars 25 marker - Section A
Contestable markets 15 marker and Privatisation & efficiency 25 marker - Section B

Paper 2: Contractionary fiscal policy rise in corporation tax- 25 marker Section A
Causes of growth 15 marker and growth on living standards 25 marker- Section B
Original post by 16bhatam
Guys can we all put, if u remember, the essays you did so we can try to see any hot topics which haven't come up yet just to make paper 3 revision slightly easier as its unlikely a big essay from paper 1 & 2 will be in paper 3, Mine were:

Paper 1: Policies to reduce environmental issues from all cars 25 marker - Section A
Contestable markets 15 marker and Privatisation & efficiency 25 marker - Section B

Paper 2: Contractionary fiscal policy rise in corporation tax- 25 marker Section A

Essay 2 Paper 1- Determinants of Supply of Labour (15 marks) - Assess the view that a monopsony works best in the presence of Trade Unions (not exactly that but something similar) 25 marks

Essay 1 Paper 2 - Causes of globalisation (15m)- Assess the view that globalisation is always beneficial (again not the exact wording) (25m)
Reply 7
Original post by kasoe

my teacher recommended leaving the evaluation for the last paragraph so basically you'd answer the question give 3 points explian and use text and leave the evaluation to the end as evaluation is 4 marks.
Do we reckon this could finally be the year they ask a question on COVID and its impact?
The cost of living crisis could also be one right?
Reply 9
Original post by 16bhatam

Paper 1 Essay 1: Something to do with Monopolistic Competition (15 + 25 marker)

Paper 2 Essay 2: Something to with supply-side policies (15 marker)
Something along the lines of... Assess the view that macro objectives always conflict (25 marker)

sorry I forgot the exact wording
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by alexs2005
Paper 1 Essay 1: Something to do with Monopolistic Competition (15 + 25 marker)

Paper 2 Essay 2: Something to with supply-side policies (15 marker)
Something along the lines of... Assess the view that macro objectives always conflict (25 marker)

sorry I forgot the exact wording

it was like explain why in the long run monopolistic competition is neither productively or allocatively efficient
and the 25 marker was like competition policy always causes inefficiencies and to evaluate that - along those lines at least!
Reply 11
Which topics will everyone focus on more for paper 3?
everything, you can't really predict paper 3
Original post by Tomorii
Which topics will everyone focus on more for paper 3?
Reply 13
For the 25/15 marker, I'm a bit confused on structure:

1.Can it be purely micro/macro or does it have to be an equal mix?
2. Also can you write a micro point but have macro evaluation and do a mix in that way

Also does anyone know where I can find an essay example? for paper 3?
Original post by ^MISSF^
For the 25/15 marker, I'm a bit confused on structure:

1.Can it be purely micro/macro or does it have to be an equal mix?
2. Also can you write a micro point but have macro evaluation and do a mix in that way

Also does anyone know where I can find an essay example? for paper 3?

1. with the aqa they don't penalise you if you only talk about just macro or just micro for the whole essay. but try your best to.
2. my tutor says if you do a macro point you have to do a macro evaluation and vice versa

On tutor2u they have a exemplar paper 1,2,3. The file is too big to send here so i think its best for you to search it up.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 15
Original post by stephanie10111
1. with the aqa they don't penalise you if you only talk about just macro or just micro for the whole essay. but try your best to.
2. my tutor says if you do a macro point you have to do a macro evaluation and vice versa

On tutor2u they have a exemplar paper 1,2,3. The file is too big to send here so i think its best for you to search it up.

Thankyou so much! This was very helpful :smile:
Original post by ^MISSF^
Thankyou so much! This was very helpful :smile:

your welcome !
heres the link
https://www.tutor2u.net/economics/reference/suggested-answers-for-aqa-alevel-economics-2019
Reply 17
Any predictions for paper 3
Reply 18
is there anyone else who's only going to revise for this on sunday?
i have all my bio and chem exams coming up and need to learn so much content for those that im basically gonna use all my econ paper 1 and 2 revision to get by for paper 3
ive done alot a practice multiple choice tests in the past few weeks and will do another one on sunday and some extra exam technique revision as these questions are little different
but i don't really have enough time for anything other than that :////
Original post by pk027
is there anyone else who's only going to revise for this on sunday?
i have all my bio and chem exams coming up and need to learn so much content for those that im basically gonna use all my econ paper 1 and 2 revision to get by for paper 3
ive done alot a practice multiple choice tests in the past few weeks and will do another one on sunday and some extra exam technique revision as these questions are little different
but i don't really have enough time for anything other than that :////

Yeah, and I barely did any revision for the first 2 econ papers right before them as well lmao. That's only because I've been doing econ revision pretty consistently over the past 2 years and feel confident in it though, it's not as if I'm going in blind or anything.

Latest

Trending

Trending