The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

offer conditions higher than they should be?

I just got a conditional offer for Fine Art at Brighton which requires me to get a merit in my UAL extended diploma course, the entry requirements for the course are 120 UCAS points, I got a merit in my first year which gave me 60 points already so i should only need to get a pass this year (worth 72 points) to hit the requirements, all the other offers I've recieved for the same course only need me to get a pass, I guess its just because they oversubscribed the course or something but I was just wondering is this normal and would there be a chance they might be more leniant on results day if I only acheieve a pass? thanks for any responses
Reply 1
Are the offer requirements not stated on their website/prospectus? or is your offer higher than what is stated there?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by jacobw003
I just got a conditional offer for Fine Art at Brighton which requires me to get a merit in my UAL extended diploma course, the entry requirements for the course are 120 UCAS points, I got a merit in my first year which gave me 60 points already so i should only need to get a pass this year (worth 72 points) to hit the requirements, all the other offers I've recieved for the same course only need me to get a pass, I guess its just because they oversubscribed the course or something but I was just wondering is this normal and would there be a chance they might be more leniant on results day if I only acheieve a pass? thanks for any responses

The grade requirements on the university websites are only ball park it's likely they over subscribed or the course was more popular than they thought. They might be more lenient on results day you’ll just have to wait and see do you think you can achieve the offer? If not it’s very important you have a good insurance that you would be happy with if Brightonis your firm.
Reply 3
Original post by jonathanemptage
The grade requirements on the university websites are only ball park it's likely they over subscribed or the course was more popular than they thought. They might be more lenient on results day you’ll just have to wait and see do you think you can achieve the offer? If not it’s very important you have a good insurance that you would be happy with if Brightonis your firm.

ahh okay that makes sense thanks, im pretty confident i can acheive the grade thankfully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending