The Student Room Group

American curriculum (AP + SAT) conditional offer - More AP???

Hello I'm an international student studying the AP curriculum and received a conditional offer from St Andrews for medicine but I'm confused about my AP exam requirement.

I have taken 5 APs before I applied and got a 55555 (AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Calc BC, AP Psych, and AP Environmental Science) as well as 1540 from my SAT.

I'm taking 4 more AP exams in this May(AP Statistics, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Macroeconomics, and AP Computer Science Principles) and included them on UCAS with "pending" scores. My teacher gave predicted scores of 5555 for those exams.

On my conditional offer there is no condition about AP exam scores. (heard A-level students' conditional offer has something like "obtain A*AA in some subjects, but mine didn't have that)

But there was one particular confusing sentence "Certified proof of your qualifications as stated on your application to be submitted by 15 July."

Does this mean that I need to get a 5555 this year, as my teacher predicted a 5555? If I don't get a 5555 will they reject me?
I called the admission office today and they said they weren't sure too and will inform me later. I'm really confused now and really want to know if med schools ever require nine 5's from AP exams...

Many thanks
Original post by dzdzdzdzdz000
Hello I'm an international student studying the AP curriculum and received a conditional offer from St Andrews for medicine but I'm confused about my AP exam requirement.

I have taken 5 APs before I applied and got a 55555 (AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Calc BC, AP Psych, and AP Environmental Science) as well as 1540 from my SAT.

I'm taking 4 more AP exams in this May(AP Statistics, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Macroeconomics, and AP Computer Science Principles) and included them on UCAS with "pending" scores. My teacher gave predicted scores of 5555 for those exams.

On my conditional offer there is no condition about AP exam scores. (heard A-level students' conditional offer has something like "obtain A*AA in some subjects, but mine didn't have that)

But there was one particular confusing sentence "Certified proof of your qualifications as stated on your application to be submitted by 15 July."

Does this mean that I need to get a 5555 this year, as my teacher predicted a 5555? If I don't get a 5555 will they reject me?
I called the admission office today and they said they weren't sure too and will inform me later. I'm really confused now and really want to know if med schools ever require nine 5's from AP exams...

Many thanks

My reading would be certified proof of your previous qualifications, but best to get something in writing so you know whether they mean the current ones as well.
Original post by Admit-One
My reading would be certified proof of your previous qualifications, but best to get something in writing so you know whether they mean the current ones as well

Thanks for your reply! I called the admission office in case and they said I don't need to get another 5's this year and only need to submit score reports for the exams I already took - I'm finally very relieved. :biggrin:
Original post by Admit-One
My reading would be certified proof of your previous qualifications, but best to get something in writing so you know whether they mean the current ones as well.

Oops sorry I meant they sent me an email shortly after and informed me I don't need more 5's this year. Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending