The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks and triple science

Hii, so I did my second mocks and I’ve done awfully bad despite revising quite a lot (for biology), I’m honestly so upset, I do everything I can to maximise my grades. I don’t see any improvements. I’m worried that I may not get a 7 in the end, for reference, I’m getting 6’s (this time I got a 5, which is literally the worse grade I’ve ever gotten). My teacher told me to practise exam questions, which is what I’m doing. Can someone give me advice because I’m stressed out and annoyed at myself for not getting a higher grade.
If I was you, I’d look at all the topics and answer questions.

Anything you feel like you don’t get 100%, learn it using like YouTube then attempt past paper questions or the text book questions. Physics and maths tutor has the questions separated by topic.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If I was you, I’d look at all the topics and answer questions.

Anything you feel like you don’t get 100%, learn it using like YouTube then attempt past paper questions or the text book questions. Physics and maths tutor has the questions separated by topic.

I shouldn’t make notes right? I’m used to making notes and passive revision. Past papers are a bit hard for me to do ngl, I just find it hard even though it isn’t.
Original post by jiungie
I shouldn’t make notes right? I’m used to making notes and passive revision. Past papers are a bit hard for me to do ngl, I just find it hard even though it isn’t.

Do whatever is best for you. If you feel like you find questions difficult to answer, then you probably should review the topic again
Reply 4
Do whatever is best for you. If you feel like you find questions difficult to answer, then you probably should review the topic again

It’s too late to be making notes, I’ve started to watch free science lessons and review organisation, then look at exam questions.
Original post by jiungie
It’s too late to be making notes, I’ve started to watch free science lessons and review organisation, then look at exam questions.

That’s good.

Now to get a grade 7, you’d have to be able to answer more questions. This will only come from you learning (gaining the knowledge) and answering questions correctly. Which is what you’re doing so that’s fine
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Hopefully, I’m able to get a 7. I’m confident with paper 1 but not so much of paper 2 (homeostasis and ecology).
Original post by jiungie
Hii, so I did my second mocks and I’ve done awfully bad despite revising quite a lot (for biology), I’m honestly so upset, I do everything I can to maximise my grades. I don’t see any improvements. I’m worried that I may not get a 7 in the end, for reference, I’m getting 6’s (this time I got a 5, which is literally the worse grade I’ve ever gotten). My teacher told me to practise exam questions, which is what I’m doing. Can someone give me advice because I’m stressed out and annoyed at myself for not getting a higher grade.

Heya!
When doing past papers, do you go through your answers using a mark scheme and note down WHY you have lost the marks and HOW you can improve your answer for next time? As well as this, you could also make the Q&A into flashcards to test yourself on the questions as well.

I would also recommend doing practice questions by topic to ensure you fully understand it :h: If it helps, Study mind has plenty of free revision notes and past papers to help you out!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by jiungie
Hopefully, I’m able to get a 7. I’m confident with paper 1 but not so much of paper 2 (homeostasis and ecology).

Focus more of your time on paper 2
Reply 9
Focus more of your time on paper 2

Will do!!! I’m trying to complete a past paper on homeostasis and ecology

Quick Reply

Latest