The Student Room Group

IGCSE English language

I’m doing IGCSE English language B I need some advice on how to answer each questions and how can I get top marks. Does anyone know any useful resources to do this? Who anyone that has done it in the past that can give me advice?
Reply 1
Original post by suzy23
I’m doing IGCSE English language B I need some advice on how to answer each questions and how can I get top marks. Does anyone know any useful resources to do this? Who anyone that has done it in the past that can give me advice?

The Edexcel International GCSE Language B Student Book (here, it's quite expensive so you might want to keep an eye on ebay or something) is really useful for learning about all the questions and how to analyse it. Really, it's a case of analysing and explaining yourself. PEE is a popular structure - make a point, give evidence, then explain what this does (eg. [writer] uses long sentences to begin - 'quote of sentence' which helps to introduce the reader and provide backstory to keep them interested.)

Practice really does make perfect, and I found that it was good to do an answer, then go to the mark scheme and see what they say, and then go to the Examiner Report which has exemplars for all of the questions that you can compare your own answer to. You can then sort of apply that knowledge and continue.

Language is one of those ones where it's really kinda different for everyone how they do it, but this iGCSE is quite lenient, so I'd really recommend practicing and checking out the book and PEE structure. Hope that helps! Best of luck :smile:
mr bruff is a youtube channel im currently using . although the content is about AQA im using it for igce edexcel. even though the questions may be different it teaches u how to analyse,interpret and answer alot of different style of questions (skills you'll need). just go through the lang playlist on his channel. BEST OF LUCK!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending