The Student Room Group

Deleting an Instagram account

Hi, I really want to delete my old Instagram account (that I made when I was about 11/12) but I cant remember the password or the email address that the account is linked to - thanks child me. Is there any way that I can still make this account get deleted? Could I like idk pay someone to hack into it and delete all the content - or even better the account itself.

Note: theres nothing dodgy on there, its just embarrassing!
Reply 1
Hey, why don't you just delete all the content posted, so posts, videos, profile pics, stories. Also unfollow everyone. Change the username to something random like anonymous and many numbers.
Don't stress at least you still have access to login into the account.
Original post by miqyd
Hey, why don't you just delete all the content posted, so posts, videos, profile pics, stories. Also unfollow everyone. Change the username to something random like anonymous and many numbers.
Don't stress at least you still have access to login into the account.

I dont have access to the account anymore unfortunately, and I dont know the password or email to get back in. I have an account that I use now but this is an old one from when I was 11/12
Reply 3
Hello, firstly don't be annoyed as you can't control it now, this is actually very common and many people around that age make silly accounts.
I am not sure if this is possible but you could try to contact Meta, but I doubt this will be successful. But there is not much you can do if you don't have access to the account.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I really want to delete my old Instagram account (that I made when I was about 11/12) but I cant remember the password or the email address that the account is linked to - thanks child me. Is there any way that I can still make this account get deleted? Could I like idk pay someone to hack into it and delete all the content - or even better the account itself.

Note: theres nothing dodgy on there, its just embarrassing!

Have you tried getting in touch with Instagram themselves first?
Reply 5
Hey, why don't you try to go through the forgot password system, find your email, reset the password and then you will have access to your old account. You can then delete ur account.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending