The Student Room Group

Control loop P&ID

I am trying to add the control loops to a p&id diagram however I am not sure how to put them in to the system. One example that I have is an orifice plate for flow. Could you guys show me where each component goes in the loop and whether this is the same order for other parameters too?

thanks in advance
Original post by alwaysconfused5
I am trying to add the control loops to a p&id diagram however I am not sure how to put them in to the system. One example that I have is an orifice plate for flow. Could you guys show me where each component goes in the loop and whether this is the same order for other parameters too?

thanks in advance

Can you give a bit more info/upload the original question?
Original post by mqb2766
Can you give a bit more info/upload the original question?

its not an exact question but the problem is to incorporate a control loop into a p&id to measure flow, where the sensor is an orifice plate and the control action is reverse.
Original post by alwaysconfused5
its not an exact question but the problem is to incorporate a control loop into a p&id to measure flow, where the sensor is an orifice plate and the control action is reverse.

not sure what you mean by the control action is reverse, but if the orifice place is measuring flow, then a pid controller simply requires a reference (flow) signal and from that get the error (reference-measured). Then its the usual linear combination proportional, integral, derivative of the error signal to calculate the control action. As such, there is really only a single loop with a single pid controller in.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending