The Student Room Group

How to write code

I wanna be a software engineer but don’t know how to write code and still been stuck without any degree and experience (self-taught software engineer) can you help and give me a study plane with resources and a timeline pls that could be helpful thanks and how do I code anyways???
Original post by aryc_30
I wanna be a software engineer but don’t know how to write code and still been stuck without any degree and experience (self-taught software engineer) can you help and give me a study plane with resources and a timeline pls that could be helpful thanks and how do I code anyways???

Hey!
I would suggest taking coding courses first on websites like this one https://www.learnpython.org/
Once you get some hands on experience, try to do projects to build it on your resume and add them onto your github.
I would also suggest taking video courses on platfroms like Alison, coursera etc. But most of all you have to put in the time and effort to learn programming.
If you get stuck on anything, you can always refer to stack overflow!
I hope this helps and all the best!

Vyomika(LU Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by aryc_30

Python is easy to learn. Freecodingcamp on YouTube is great.

The first step will be downloading an IDE which is where you write code. Freecodingcamp will explain everything

I believe the fundamentals are variables, data types, (while, for) loops and if statements. Once you understand what these are, you should start practising writing code. Dont do anything big but at some point try making a cool project.

codewars have a bunch of great problems you can solve and practice your coding skills.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending