The Student Room Group

How do I react?

I'm in a LDR with my boyfriend. We call and text everyday before. Now, there are times he won't even text me and when I check his language exchange app account, he was online. We follow each other so I want to check because I got this feeling. How should I react to this?
Reply 1
So, your boyfriend can't have a life and do his own thing online? Did you need an instant response to an urgent text message?
Calling and texting every day is exhausting. Either leave him be if you trust him or break up. That's basically the gist of it.
I completely understand feeling upset by this.
Ignore that first commenter, obviously you know he can have his own life. But if it is out of character for him to not contact or reply to you then I think its worth asking what's up.
It might just be that he doesn't feel a need to message every day (not because he doesn't like you anymore, but because he feels secure in the relationship and he doesn't feel the need to prove that he likes you by talking all the time). Or it might be something else. Either way, I think its better to communicate. When my ex started essentially ghosting me I decided to just leave it be and we ended up not talking for very long periods of time / me being the only one initiating conversation. I could have had a lot less of a stressful time if I had decided to just ask him what's going on and explain I didn't like what he's doing.

Hope this helps a little
Original post by Anonymous
I completely understand feeling upset by this.
Ignore that first commenter, obviously you know he can have his own life. But if it is out of character for him to not contact or reply to you then I think its worth asking what's up.
It might just be that he doesn't feel a need to message every day (not because he doesn't like you anymore, but because he feels secure in the relationship and he doesn't feel the need to prove that he likes you by talking all the time). Or it might be something else. Either way, I think its better to communicate. When my ex started essentially ghosting me I decided to just leave it be and we ended up not talking for very long periods of time / me being the only one initiating conversation. I could have had a lot less of a stressful time if I had decided to just ask him what's going on and explain I didn't like what he's doing.

Hope this helps a little

Love your answer..
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in a LDR with my boyfriend. We call and text everyday before. Now, there are times he won't even text me and when I check his language exchange app account, he was online. We follow each other so I want to check because I got this feeling. How should I react to this?

React how you want to you're a human who can choose emotions aren't you? Personally I wouldn't care, just move onto someone who values your time. Don't let this person creep into your head or he may control how you think and feel about yourself. Don't torture yourself please, you deserve someone who'll make you feel valued, not make you question whether he still likes you or not-doesn't do your mental health any good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending