The Student Room Group

Reasonable?

Got my GCSE’s in 3 weeks,haven’t done an ounce of revision in my life as I’m a lazy shite.
I’ve just been cruising through school and get semi decent grades so I never felt too worried or motivated to revsie,but I actually want to push myself to get good grades as I don’t want the culmination of 5 years in schooling to end in disappointment .(My March mock grades) and my hopefuls:
History (6) 8
Maths (5) 7
Geography (7) 9
Sociology-(9) 9
English Language (7) 9
RS-(6) 9
Double Science (5-5) 8-8
Business (4) 7
English Lit (7) 8

The only sort of revision I did was for socio and history,Crammed the night before for socio in mocks and jumped from a 6 to a 9,and history I was on a 4,Crammed for 1 of my 4 topics and got a 9 in it,and did nothing for the other 3 and averaged to a 6.So I do learn fast if I put in effort

How would I go about doing this I’m willing to do anything.
Reply 1
Original post by Bombatunde
Got my GCSE’s in 3 weeks,haven’t done an ounce of revision in my life as I’m a lazy shite.
I’ve just been cruising through school and get semi decent grades so I never felt too worried or motivated to revsie,but I actually want to push myself to get good grades as I don’t want the culmination of 5 years in schooling to end in disappointment .(My March mock grades) and my hopefuls:
History (6) 8
Maths (5) 7
Geography (7) 9
Sociology-(9) 9
English Language (7) 9
RS-(6) 9
Double Science (5-5) 8-8
Business (4) 7
English Lit (7) 8

The only sort of revision I did was for socio and history,Crammed the night before for socio in mocks and jumped from a 6 to a 9,and history I was on a 4,Crammed for 1 of my 4 topics and got a 9 in it,and did nothing for the other 3 and averaged to a 6.So I do learn fast if I put in effort

How would I go about doing this I’m willing to do anything.

I did the same as you. I had a procrastination problem and I actually attended most of my GCSE's with no revision at all (very bad don't do). I regretted it a lot. I am in Uni now and my GCSE grades still bother me to this day as I knew I could have done much better and they are so important. I had 5-6s on all my subjects except one I failed and when included them in my CV it bothers me so much. It seems to me that you are smarter than me though looking at your mocks grades.

I know what it feels like to be lazy but you must revise. Teachers say GCSE's are so important and I am confirming they are right. Even if its 2 hours a day, do something and be prepared for them. If you feel like there is way too much content to do, do 5 hours a night. But make sure you cover as much as you can. You have a huge summer of relief as soon as it's done and I promise it will feel so rewarding.

Hope you get great marks!

Quick Reply

Latest