The Student Room Group

ran out of tuition loan

So I've used 3 years worth of my tuition loan on 2 foundation years as I switched degree after the first and I'm about to fail my first year. That means I can spend one more year of tuition loan on redoing the first year and then I'll have to pay for years 2 and 3 and my masters. I can't afford that as I'm poor and so is my entire family, is there anything I can do?
Hi there,

Do you have any compelling personal reasons as to why you have not been able to complete any of the years that you have started? Did we pay the Tuition Fee Loan this year if you had already 2 years of previous study and then started a new course or have you previously sent compelling personal reasons? Funding for a Postgraduate is completely different for undergraduate so I would not worry about this.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Do you have any compelling personal reasons as to why you have not been able to complete any of the years that you have started? Did we pay the Tuition Fee Loan this year if you had already 2 years of previous study and then started a new course or have you previously sent compelling personal reasons? Funding for a Postgraduate is completely different for undergraduate so I would not worry about this.
Thanks, Drew
The first foundation year I didn't complete simply because I changed course about half way through. The only reason I'm failing the current year is because of mental issues.
Original post by serbidoof
The first foundation year I didn't complete simply because I changed course about half way through. The only reason I'm failing the current year is because of mental issues.
Hi there,

Thanks for confirming. If you have any evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) you can send it over to us with a cover letter applying for Compelling Personal Reasons. With CPR you can gain an additional year of Tuition Fee support if it is accepted. Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Thanks for confirming. If you have any evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) you can send it over to us with a cover letter applying for Compelling Personal Reasons. With CPR you can gain an additional year of Tuition Fee support if it is accepted. Thanks, Ross

Thanks for your help, I don't have any evidence for CPR, it's dumb as I just have really bad anxiety so I don't have any way of showing evidence for that and I don't expect the loan people to find that as an acceptable reason.
Original post by serbidoof
Thanks for your help, I don't have any evidence for CPR, it's dumb as I just have really bad anxiety so I don't have any way of showing evidence for that and I don't expect the loan people to find that as an acceptable reason.

It's still worth applying for CPR anyway. For example, you can write a letter to us (signed and dated) explaining your circumstances and what's happened.

You can state on the letter that you're not able to get any evidence, and you can then upload this to your account.

It's then up to an assessor if this is acceptable.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending