The Student Room Group

Family

My Mum doesn’t like me sharing clothes with my sister as she thinks we will get germs?

I get so upset as I love sharing clothes with my sisters, I know Mum means well - but I just don’t know what to do as I don’t want to have an argument with my Mother.

Any advice…is it wrong to share clothes with your siblings?
Original post by Anonymous
My Mum doesn’t like me sharing clothes with my sister as she thinks we will get germs?

I get so upset as I love sharing clothes with my sisters, I know Mum means well - but I just don’t know what to do as I don’t want to have an argument with my Mother.

There shouldn't be any issue if the clothing is washed because the soap and hot water would kill any germs. Another thing is; if you all keep yourselves clean and look after your things, then that's all the more reason to share - use that reasoning for your mum.

It's normal to share clothing with siblings and is very common.
There's nothing wrong with two healthy adults of similar size and body shape choosing to share clothing.
Assuming that they both have reasonable standards of personal hygiene and no problems with things like bedbugs or headlice.
Original post by Anonymous

You cant really take your mother word for word as when she says "you will get germs" she may be trying to use it as a cover up for the real reason, possible reasons may be that she doesn't want people see your sister wearing your clothes as it will make people feel disdain towards you.. However, I am not one to say this is just a likelihood, it also may make her feel uncomfortable of what others may think. Taking everything into account, sharing clothes is not a massive deal especially with the transfer of germs, almost every sibling has done this as it is smart to save money as well as fun. Your mother may be hiding the real reason.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending