The Student Room Group

Bristol or Southampton

Poll

which university for Bsc business management ?

I've graduated high school in India and applied for bachelors in Business management degree in UK. Out of all the offer letters from the universities I finalized southampton and bristol ... I am unable to choose between these two, I hope you can help regarding which one is better in business studies and career prospects?
Original post by velisela
I've graduated high school in India and applied for bachelors in Business management degree in UK. Out of all the offer letters from the universities I finalized southampton and bristol ... I am unable to choose between these two, I hope you can help regarding which one is better in business studies and career prospects?

Hey!
Congratulations on getting accepted to both University of Southampton and University of Bristol. I'm excited to hear that you're considering Southampton as your top pick for your business management degree! As a student ambassador of University of Southampton, I can definitely give you some insights on why I think Southampton would be an excellent choice for you.

First of all, the Business School at University of Southampton is a top-ranked business school in the UK, consistently ranked among the top 10 in the country. It's also a triple-accredited business school, which means that it holds accreditation from three of the world's leading business school accreditation bodies. This reflects the high quality of education and research that takes place at the Business School, and the high standards that it upholds.

In terms of career prospects, the Business School has a dedicated Careers and Employability team, who work closely with students to help them find internships, placements, and job opportunities. They offer a wide range of services and resources, including one-on-one career consultations, workshops, networking events, and access to job databases. The Business School also has strong partnerships with a number of leading companies in the UK, which means that there are plenty of opportunities for students to connect with potential employers and gain real-world experience.

Another thing that sets Southampton apart is its location. Southampton is a vibrant and bustling city, with a thriving business community and a diverse range of industries. It's also located on the south coast of England, which means that it's just a stone's throw away from some of the UK's most beautiful beaches and countryside. It's the perfect place to study and live, with plenty of opportunities for both work and play.

Overall, I would say that University of Southampton is an excellent choice for your business management degree. With a top-ranked business school, strong career prospects, and a fantastic location, you'll have everything you need to succeed both academically and professionally. If you have any further questions or want to learn more, don't hesitate to reach out to me or the Business School we'd be happy to chat!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by UoS PG students
Hey!
Congratulations on getting accepted to both University of Southampton and University of Bristol. I'm excited to hear that you're considering Southampton as your top pick for your business management degree! As a student ambassador of University of Southampton, I can definitely give you some insights on why I think Southampton would be an excellent choice for you.

First of all, the Business School at University of Southampton is a top-ranked business school in the UK, consistently ranked among the top 10 in the country. It's also a triple-accredited business school, which means that it holds accreditation from three of the world's leading business school accreditation bodies. This reflects the high quality of education and research that takes place at the Business School, and the high standards that it upholds.

In terms of career prospects, the Business School has a dedicated Careers and Employability team, who work closely with students to help them find internships, placements, and job opportunities. They offer a wide range of services and resources, including one-on-one career consultations, workshops, networking events, and access to job databases. The Business School also has strong partnerships with a number of leading companies in the UK, which means that there are plenty of opportunities for students to connect with potential employers and gain real-world experience.

Another thing that sets Southampton apart is its location. Southampton is a vibrant and bustling city, with a thriving business community and a diverse range of industries. It's also located on the south coast of England, which means that it's just a stone's throw away from some of the UK's most beautiful beaches and countryside. It's the perfect place to study and live, with plenty of opportunities for both work and play.

Overall, I would say that University of Southampton is an excellent choice for your business management degree. With a top-ranked business school, strong career prospects, and a fantastic location, you'll have everything you need to succeed both academically and professionally. If you have any further questions or want to learn more, don't hesitate to reach out to me or the Business School we'd be happy to chat!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton

Thank you very much for sharing your suggestions, it really helped. I do have couple of quires hope you don't mind, compared to Southampton ,Bristol is a bigger city does that effect me regarding exposure / opportunities ? Do global industries prefer students from cities ? Are the opportunities same everywhere for students with knowledge ? What is the average business graduate expected salary ? I hope you will guide me through your experience at Southampton.. I look forward to hearing from you soon..
Kind Regards
Lasya velisela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending