The Student Room Group

predicted grades

i’ve got my first actual big mock in the exam hall tomorrow and i’m so scared for it as i have been doing well in my a level psychology tests in class but i can barely remember a lot for this mock. just really scared if i do bad because i know what i am capable of and just don’t want a rubbish predicted grade for uni. just so stressed now :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Its hard not to worry but try to remember that it is just a mock and so it doesn't count for anything outside your school. It will probably go alot better than you think, and even if it doesn't, its ok to have an off day. Your teachers know that.

What you need to focus on in the future is finding ways of managing your anxiety, to help you for when it is the real thing.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by totallyfine
Its hard not to worry but try to remember that it is just a mock and so it doesn't count for anything outside your school. It will probably go alot better than you think, and even if it doesn't, its ok to have an off day. Your teachers know that.

What you need to focus on in the future is finding ways of managing your anxiety, to help you for when it is the real thing.

Good luck!

thank you so much! yes, i hope so, i have been getting B’s and A’s mostly in my class tests so i hope it’s just seen as an anomaly
Original post by gracedtb
thank you so much! yes, i hope so, i have been getting B’s and A’s mostly in my class tests so i hope it’s just seen as an anomaly

Honestly, don't write it off until its happened! Just go in there and show them what you can do; you'll be fine.
But this does show how important it is to have a realistic backup plan as part of your UCAS application. If you can find a course with lower grade requirements that you know you would be happy doing, it takes some of this pressure off when you do the real exams (and you are more likely to show your full potential then) . Its fantastic to aim for the higher entry requirements, but you'll have it covered if things don't go so well!

Quick Reply

Latest