The Student Room Group

As a student, do you struggle with verifying online information? Seeking feedback on

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project and would love to hear your thoughts. Have you ever come across misleading information online that made you question its validity? How did you go about fact-checking the information? I'm exploring ways to tackle this issue, and I'd love to hear about your experiences with misinformation online. Thank you for your time.
I'd look at the author of the article/info and what qualifications they have, and what website it is on e.g. news such as The Sun or The Mirror, probs take the info with a grain of salt, should be more reliable (questionably) for The Guardian, the Telegraph etc.
Also I'll look out for emotionally appealing words e.g. 'Mother's world shattered after horrendous news' and other phrases intended to provoke sympathy, outrage, strong feelings and may be biased.
To deal with misinformation, I guess we'll need common sense too, and think twice if they are true before sharing them out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending