The Student Room Group

About to start YR2 of Uni but could be moving country

So i've just finished year 1 of university but due to some circumstances I might have to move to a different country in Europe. I'm currently a British citizen, always lived in UK and study in Leicester so I was wondering what would happen to my studies. Would I be able to continue my study but online (im currently at DMU and everything is a Powerpoint and online anyways) or would I have to quit university. If i can continue my studies is there a way for SFE to still pay for my tuition/maintenance (I mean I doubt but is there a possibility cause the move is out of my control)
Presumably your 18 so legally an adult so you don’t actually have to move to this other country. You could just stay until the end of your degree then move after your degree is complete and if you can afford it visit in the holidays at leas that’s what I’d do.
Original post by Mia_L
So i've just finished year 1 of university but due to some circumstances I might have to move to a different country in Europe. I'm currently a British citizen, always lived in UK and study in Leicester so I was wondering what would happen to my studies. Would I be able to continue my study but online (im currently at DMU and everything is a Powerpoint and online anyways) or would I have to quit university. If i can continue my studies is there a way for SFE to still pay for my tuition/maintenance (I mean I doubt but is there a possibility cause the move is out of my control)

Hi @Mia_L

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with this! :frown: It may turn out that you have to move into accommodation in the UK for the remainder of your degree, but if there are certain circumstances as to why you can’t, then you might have to work something else out. I think it’s best to speak to your course leader and see what can be done.
It is possible you could be a study-away student, but it depends how your university personally works.

Worst case, you could see if you could transfer your credits over to a university in the country you will be moving to!

Best of luck!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
Original post by Mia_L

Hi @Mia_L I hope you're doing okay:redface:

Understandably this is a bit of a (big) change and it's natural to be worried about this. On the bright side it's good that you are considering your options and seeking information! :h:
Definitely, as Estelle (UoH) mentioned & it's a fab point, you can consider requesting a transfer to Universities in Europe that may be able to align your credits from your first year of study at DMU to a similar course.

I would definitely advise to reach out and talk to your Faculty via your Student Advice Centre, and also if you need, student services in Gateway House on campus :hi: Here is a link to their contact details and also further support for you as a current student: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/current-students/student-support/index.aspx

Faculty Student Advice Centre contacts:
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/current-students/student-resources/student-advice-centres.aspx

I hope this helps a little, and any questions or concerns you can reach out to us here, or to our Enquiries Team on 0116 2 50 60 70 :call:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending