The Student Room Group

Uni offer (2 A-levels or equivalent)

Hi,
Just going through my offer and it says that I need 64 points from 2 A-Levels or equivalent. Does that mean that I need all my 64 points from only 2 A levels? Or does my 3rd A level also contribute to the final points?
Original post by Faarisimo
Hi,
Just going through my offer and it says that I need 64 points from 2 A-Levels or equivalent. Does that mean that I need all my 64 points from only 2 A levels? Or does my 3rd A level also contribute to the final points?

Is "64 points from 2 A-Levels or equivalent" the exact wording in the offer? Or are you paraphrasing that?

When you completed your UCAS application, did you list three A levels? Or did you list two, but have started a third one subsequently?
Reply 2
Hi, The actual wording is... - You achieve 64 tariff points (from two A Levels or equivalent)
And I listed 3 A-Levels on my UCAS from the start, as that's what i've been doing. I also have a LIBF Financial studies certificate, does that factor in also if you know?
Thanks for the help btw :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
Is "64 points from 2 A-Levels or equivalent" the exact wording in the offer? Or are you paraphrasing that?

When you completed your UCAS application, did you list three A levels? Or did you list two, but have started a third one subsequently?
The actual wording is... - You achieve 64 tariff points (from two A Levels or equivalent)
And I listed 3 A-Levels on my UCAS from the start, as that's what i've been doing.

That's odd. A UCAS points offer which says something like "from at least two A levels" would seem be more common. I think you'll need to contact the Admissions team and check.

I also have a LIBF Financial studies certificate, does that factor in also if you know?

Well, as I'm sure you know, a LIBF Certificate in Financial Studies can provide up to 28 UCAS points. However, your offer's "from two A Levels or equivalent" caveat would imply that you can't count its points against your 64-point total. Again, it probably worth double-checking with the Admissions team.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
That's odd. A UCAS points offer which says something like "from at least two A levels" would seem be more common. I think you'll need to contact the Admissions team and check.

Well, as I'm sure you know, a LIBF Certificate in Financial Studies can provide up to 28 UCAS points. However, your offer's "from two A Levels or equivalent" caveat would imply that you can't count its points against your 64-point total. Again, it probably worth double-checking with the Admissions team.

Ah, yeah I had emailed but it has been about a week with no response, until coincidentally just now.
They say the "64 points is from at least 2 full a levels or equivalent so it can be taken from more as long as 2 full a levels"
Shame they didn't answer the LIBF part, will have to wait another week till I found out haha. They worded that a bit weird but from what I gather, my third A-Level adds into the final points.. (I hope? haha). Either way, I appreciate the help and fast responses.
Ah, yeah I had emailed but it has been about a week with no response, until coincidentally just now.
They say the "64 points is from at least 2 full a levels or equivalent so it can be taken from more as long as 2 full a levels"
Shame they didn't answer the LIBF part, will have to wait another week till I found out haha. They worded that a bit weird but from what I gather, my third A-Level adds into the final points.. (I hope? haha). Either way, I appreciate the help and fast responses.

I agree with your interpretation of what they've now said. You can reach those 64 points from 2 A levels (e.g. CC) or from 3 A levels (e.g. DDE).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending