The Student Room Group

english lit a level coursework

i just recieved my a level coursework result back and i did bad (31/60 aka D) but can i still get an A or B fully with that or am i stuck with a low grade for my actual a level
Original post by beefreya
i just recieved my a level coursework result back and i did bad (31/60 aka D) but can i still get an A or B fully with that or am i stuck with a low grade for my actual a level

assuming the coursework is 40% of your grade, and you got around 50% of that, making it about 20% of your final score, yes, it is still possible to get a B assuming the grade boundaries are around 70% for a B (you would have to get around 85% though).
((also correct me if I’m wrong guys. my maths is pretty rusty))
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
assuming the coursework is 40% of your grade, and you got around 50% of that, making it about 20% of your final score, yes, it is still possible to get a B assuming the grade boundaries are around 70% for a B (you would have to get around 85% though).
((also correct me if I’m wrong guys. my maths is pretty rusty))

coursework is 20% of my overall grade
Original post by beefreya
coursework is 20% of my overall grade

oh okay, that’s good! (It means you only have to get 70% in the exams to get a B and 80% to get an A) ((I think))
for english lit we are doing of mice and men for the 40 mark and if i have to write about crooks can i write the n word.. i am white...

I am an invigilator and I highly recommend using the n word a lot as examiners highly favour this description of crooks. From my experience as a professional invigilator, according to many Harvard responses with higher number of n word usage were scoring higher marks, this is due to its Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, Spectrophotofluorometrically and Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. Good luck kid, keep it up.BIG UP GEORGE.F.

Quick Reply

Latest