The Student Room Group

A-Levels: Bio, Chem, Maths, English Lit for Medicine/Dentistry? is this a good combo?

I was thinking of bio, chem, maths and english OR bio chem maths and physics. Which choice would be better? Would it be a good idea to take english as a break from the sciences? (i love science but am not too passionate about physics)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by ismaelishere
I was thinking of bio, chem, maths and english OR bio chem maths and physics. Which choice would be better? Would it be a good idea to take english as a break from the sciences? (i love science but am not too passionate about physics)
If you don't particularly like physics don't take it. The bio, chem, maths, English lit combo was quite popular at my school but a lot of students dropped lit later on. It was a good break but as many came to realize, coursework takes up a lot of your time. An essay based subjects might actually distract you during revision time. A friend of mine found it hard to switch between studying for chem and for lit. Plus some regretted the 40 poems they needed to study, 2+ novels (memorizing quotes for em) etc etc. For med/dentistry, doing 3 A levels = the standard. Unless you are curious abt a 4th, take it and again drop it any time. I did 4 at the start + the mandatory EPQ and just found that I valued my frees way more than another A level (then again I took Chinese).

Quick Reply

Latest