The Student Room Group

How beneficial is it to really do all-nighters to revise?

I've never pulled an all-nighter before but I'm curious as to how beneficial it is because A-Levels are coming up and I still have a lot of work to do...
Original post by Nicky_EDC
I've never pulled an all-nighter before but I'm curious as to how beneficial it is because A-Levels are coming up and I still have a lot of work to do...

Hi, not sure how helpful my opinion will be as i’m currently doing gcses not A-level, but i have definitely tried pulling all nighters for revision.

a) if u are someone who has pulled an all nighter before (for any reason) and KNOW that u can focus / are able to process information whilst sleep deprived, than it might be a good idea to pull the all nighter. Personally i can’t function without sleep, and i wouldn’t pull the all nighter the day before ur exam as u probably dont want to be struggling to answer questions because you cant think.

b) if its a question on whether or not you should revise all night or wake up early to revise. I would wake up early. After some sleep you’ll have more energy and a greater ability to learn and retain the information than if you stay up late. Staying up late will cause you to become sluggish and whilst revising when tired you’re less likely to be able to remember the information.

hope this helped 🫶

Quick Reply

Latest