The Student Room Group

Continue learning a language during exam season

I've been learning Spanish using Duolingo and Drops for a few months. I also take online educational courses on interesting topics for fun every once in a while.
As I am taking my iGCSEs this 2023 summer, I have stopped learning for some time now, as I want to give my 100% to revision. Is this the right decision? Will my 5-10 mins of Spanish a day really affect my studying? I'd like to hear some thoughts and opinions...
I don't think it will affect your studies. You sound like you enjoy learning Spanish and just because you're taking exams this summer doesn't mean you should stop doing things that you like doing! Learning a language is great! I think a bit of Spanish every day is a nice habit that you've built up over time and you shouldn't stop just because of exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by scar-the-queen
I don't think it will affect your studies. You sound like you enjoy learning Spanish and just because you're taking exams this summer doesn't mean you should stop doing things that you like doing! Learning a language is great! I think a bit of Spanish every day is a nice habit that you've built up over time and you shouldn't stop just because of exams :smile:

Thank you for your advice! I do really enjoy it, and you're right, as I don't spend hours on it, it shouldn't affect my studies.
Original post by moonchild34
Thank you for your advice! I do really enjoy it, and you're right, as I don't spend hours on it, it shouldn't affect my studies.

Glad I could help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending