The Student Room Group

Bath vs Leeds Vs Nottingham

Hi, I have offers to study civil engineering at bath, Leeds and Nottingham but don't know which one to choose, I love Nottingham's campus but Leeds city is more vibrant and pretty whereas bath is very peaceful and pretty but very expensive so don't know what to choose. Also does anybody know whether Nottingham is safer than Leeds or the opposite. Thanks. Is anybody else hesitating between those unis?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have offers to study civil engineering at bath, Leeds and Nottingham but don't know which one to choose, I love Nottingham's campus but Leeds city is more vibrant and pretty whereas bath is very peaceful and pretty but very expensive so don't know what to choose. Also does anybody know whether Nottingham is safer than Leeds or the opposite. Thanks. Is anybody else hesitating between those unis?

Hi there,
Deciding which university to go to is a big decision! Ultimately, you need to make the choice that's right for you. Make a list of pros and cons for all and consider what your main priorities are. For example, is it the vibrancy of the city?

We've done blogs for Nottingham and Bath, hopefully these give you more of a feel for those cities:
Bath: https://bit.ly/3Qlt0Be
Nottingham: https://bit.ly/3iaDl6n

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Original post by Anonymous

The course should be your priority as the location is irrelevant if you're not happy with what you are studying. Compare course modules and options to see which course is best/more interesting to you. Look at all years of the course and consider which options you would choose. Are there placement opportunities (they add a lot to your CV)?

Then look at what each location offers. Compare costs and availability of accommodation for all three years, social life, travel, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending